Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tennisfiend Gets Baby Ready For School

 We were woken up at 2:30 this morning by Tyoma. He discovered that the new crib bumper I installed was absolutely horrifying at night. It took me ten minutes of fiddling to untie the damn thing. Meanwhile a dazed Tennisfiend took him down stairs to give him some jello. As I cursed and struggled with the fabric ties, I began to feel more and more nauseated. By the time I finally settled the baby down to sleep, I felt practically incapacitated by nausea.  I rousted TF and asked him to whip me up a glass of some stomach medicine his mom had brought from Russia--she knew that I kept picking up tummy bugs from Tyoma and thought it might help.

So my next few hours were spent fretting that the unknown medicine would kill me in my sleep, especially since my belly had began to cramp painfully (naturally subsequent research revealed that the substance is as harmless as charcoal).  At 6:20 when TF came in to wake me, I told him I was sick and that he would have to get Tyoma ready for school by himself. You never saw a more shocked look on his face! It was as if I had told him that he needed to amputate my left leg with a butter knife. To add to the comedy, he was wearing his favorite hoodie backwards. I felt miserable enough, I didn’t even laugh. I fell back asleep, after answering a dozen questions and reminding him a dozen times to not forget Tyoma’s blankie.


I partially recovered in the afternoon and was very grateful to Fontessa for helping with Tyoma, who once again skipped his nap. I swear, we have never had so much trouble with getting sick in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment