Friday, April 10, 2009
Fun with chemicals
During Tyoma's nap today, Mom helped me color my hair. It's less of an ordeal than when I do it myself . How sweet to have a loved one part your hair into tiny sections and squeeze thin strips of bleach and dye onto it! I remembered the old days when Mom would color and occasionally perm my hair. One year we got a bad batch of perm so the last six inches of my hair was fried. The post-haircut result was actually pretty cool. I had a totally bitchin' lion's mane for about four months. Another time a new brand of "ash blonde" it turned green. I soaked my hair in castor oil for three hours to soak the color out. Worked great, smelled foul. Anyway, Mom's meticulous nature is reflected in her hair coloring practices. When Fontessa does my hair she whizzes through like a frenetic chef demonstrating Ginsu knives at two a.m. She's an artist, working quickly, you have to have mad skils to be a silk painter for the Bolshoi Theater. Mom is an engineer, thoroughly inspecting sections for exact haircolor application, taking temperature, altitude and wind speed into consideration. Since I will be doing Mom's hair over the weekend, I wonder where I fit on the continuum. Heh. I already know. I'd best go calibrate my altimeters and anemometers!!
Tags
interesting people,
mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment