Thursday, April 7, 2011

Research again!

I've been doing more research. It's amazing how intensely I can focus on something I like. I also picked up some self-help books, Asperger's From the Inside Out: A Supportive and Practical Guide for Anyone with Asperger's Syndrome, Living Well on the Spectrum and Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight: What to Do If You Are Sensory Defensive in an Overstimulating World.

Too Bright, etc,  is a book on sensory processing disorder. While not autism, it might explain some of the problems I have been having.  I digested From the Inside Out in an evening's sitting. It rang incredibly true, but I have to say, I don't think that I am as disconnected/rude as the people telling their stories. I function better. Also, the author folks seem pretty ready advocate for Aspergers. Where's all the social isolation and anxiety/depression?

Good reason to see a shrink.

Which is why I liked Living Well the best. Charts.  Lots of behavior charts and how to help use your strengths to make up for your trouble spots.  I like this approach best since it is not to far from what I did at Southwest Counseling. I will use this book whether I am on the spectrum or not. I have a definite pattern of strengths and weaknesses consistent with Asperger's, that's for sure.

 I feel so grateful and blessed to finally have some insight to my fool self!

No comments:

Post a Comment