Thursday, August 31, 2006

Gretta Granola

Today Tennisfiend, Tyoma and I visited our lactation consultant, Gretta Granola. She had visited me on my third day in the hospital since my nipples were so inflamed from breastfeeding. At the time, she could find no problem with my latch and seemed a bit mystified over my super-sore nipples.

Anyway, I am still sore as hell so I needed to see her, again. I was rather nervous about the appointment, since I had the feeling that she would be judgmental toward me. Sometimes earthy folk take exception to aging goth-types. She wound up being very sweet and helpful, I guess what I took as distance at the hospital was concern for my breastfeeding future. I learned a bit about my latch and had a very comfortable experience with her. Tennisfiend was utterly bored and skulked behind her, looking at his watch surreptitiously. I hope that her suggestions clear up any problems I was having so I can wean myself from the breast pump..

No comments:

Post a Comment