Monday, January 26, 2009

A Day of Doubts

I had such a crazy day with Tyoma. He skipped his nap, third day in a row and was into almost everything. All the limits I tried to set resulted in tears and meltdowns. He refused to eat good food and cried for cookies and ice cream. Ack!!! I felt that I was such a bad guy, "No, no, noing!" all day long. I don't believe that he was feeling unwell, unless of course, his teeth were troubling him. Perhaps a case of too much energy and too little opportunity to burn it off? Or maybe a reaction to another change in our household?

I took him to the mall to run around for a bit and this seemed to help. He looked like the happiest kid in the playground. What a relief. Sometimes it's hard to know when to be firm and unyielding and when to cut a sick kid some slack. Bottom line: cookies and ice cream are not food groups (until you're 20!). Before he became the devil baby, he spent part of the morning putting on Grandma's boots (which I kidnapped) and stomping around. On Flickr, you can see all four pics, which boldly feature "keep out of this" gates.


boots4

No comments:

Post a Comment