Why do snowstorms always occur on Wednesdays? It was predicted that we'd get 5-8 inches today. I swear we got fourteen. The snow started up before dawn, fluffy sweet stuff, falling gently. I started shoveling at 10:30 and I swear six inches had fallen already (news said three). When I left to pick Tyoma up from preschool at noon the snow was wafting down in big white sheets. The roads were so blanketed in snow as to be indiscernible from the landscape.
Am I grateful that preschool is within walking distance? You bet! Not that I'd walk. Anyway, Tyoma fell asleep like an angel so I had plenty of time to shovel snow. What work! A third of the way through I called Tennisfiend and asked him to pick up a snow blower on the way home! Actually, the problem isn't the snow, which is rather pleasant to shovel, it's the ice beneath. I slipped and slipped as I struggled to move the increasing bulk of snow out of the driveway. After working for almost an hour, a neighbor with a snow blower finished up for me. Gratitude! Especially since I was getting tired of shoving all the snow over to Tennisfiend's side of the driveway!
No comments:
Post a Comment