Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Anniversery, Here's Your Influenza A (H1) Virus...

Tennisfiend and I have been married for fourteen happy years. We celebrated our happy day with matching mentholated tissue boxes, Advil Liqi-caps, Tylenol and Ramantidine.  I can tell you, this has been the worst year evah for getting sick!!! Naturally, it started off with Tyoma becoming ill over the weekend. I ironically boasted to mom that we were over the illness hump on Saturday.  On cue, his nose started running. The fussiness began on Sunday. I assumed the whole mess was cold # 13 from daycare. Wrong!!!

Monday night my sniffleIy nose started. I still had the sniffles the next moring at seven,  but I felt okay. Then, BAM! Within three hours time I was dying. Strong, strong muscle aches, naseua, headache, cough, you name it. I had to lay down and let Fontessa take over with Tyoma. To add drama to the situation, as I settled Tyoma down for his afternoon nap, Fontessa slipped and fell down the bottom half of the stairs. Good Lord!!! Fortunately, she was embarassed but unharmed. A relief to her, especially since she had and an immigration interview scheduled that afternoon.




When Tennisfiend left for work, he felt sickish. His face was ashen when he came home to take Fontessa to her appointment at two. Luckily, her appointment was over in an instant, so he came straight home and went to bed. By six he had a temperature of 102.7.  The only well person in the house, Fontessa took over like a champ. Thank heavens for that. Although Tyoma spent almost four hours asleep during his nap, his fever never broke 100.9, so no trip to the doctor. I helped when I could since poor sick babies want their Mamas!

Well, anyway, Tennisfiend and I ate crackers and felt miserable together! Romantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment