Friday, May 15, 2009

At the Park and the Evaluation

After last weekend's fun at the park we decided to go for another visit and this time Tennisfiend brought the video camera.

On an unrelated note, the evaluation team that was going to meet with us on Monday called. I found out, much to my surprise, that we were to take Tyoma to Manchester for an evaluation and that the whole process could top three hours. I very surprised since I expected a shorter meeting at our home.  One of the specialists was supposed to pay me a home visit last November (but never did), so I must have gotten confused. Anyway, out appointment was late enough in the afternoon that I reschedulled for June 12 at 8:30 a.m.

E was in the room with me when I called to reschedule and did some hand-waving to calm me down when I called. I was pissed that nobody took five minutes to let me know what to expect. Anyway, the specialist said she would call me Monday/Tuesday and plan to meet Tyoma and me in person. I suspect that she won't call or meet with us unless I'm a bit pesky. I feel a bit embarassed for getting caught by surprise, but all of Tyoma's other evaluations have been at home so I just assumed. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment