Friday, May 15, 2009
Swimming!
Today has been one of the warmest days of late, and not too rainy. I took Tyoma out for a little swim and was spied by our neighbor Amdy who waved us over to play. Tyoma completely ignored her and her son, but was captivated by Lily, the three year old over for a playdate. I chatted a bit with Amy, feeling akward and insincere. I had a catcher in the rye moment where I felt like a total fraud. Exchanging platitudes with Amy bored me and I felt she could see how disingenuous I felt. Highschool returned for a moment. Will some part of me always sulk, wearing heavy black eyeliner and somber goth garb, feeling alienated? The notion started to sink in and settle, depressing me, but I shook it off. Ultimately, I realized what a blessing it is to have intelligent and unusual friends. My soul does not belong to a suburban soccer mom! Bring on the quirky intellectuals, Dungeon Masters and fellow nerds! Some cheery pics of Sqirmy D. I was quite proud when he started reading her son's shirt, astounding her completely and perhaps guarenteeing that we will forever be excluded from their barbecues!

Tags
depression,
odd thought
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment